Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Excercise for the over 50s


Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room
at each side.

With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from
your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full
minute, and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit
longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags.

Then try 50-lb potato bags and then eventually try to get to where you
can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for
more than a full minute. (I'm at this level.)

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag.

7 comments:

  1. A 5lb bag of potatoes? Working up to 100 lb bag of potatoes? Gasp! Are you Wonderwoman or what!? I'm wondering if I could even hold my arms up for a full minute with my hands empty. *thinks: must try to get fitter*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ros, Laughing my socks off, did you not see the punch line....you add a potatoe in after you the 100lb bag...the bags are empty....giggling! Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I like it - very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *blushes* I feel a tad silly. I was so amazed at your apparent muscle power that I didn't get to the last sentence. Like my old teacher always used to say, make sure you read to the end of the question before answering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kath...I'm glad it made you chuckle! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ros, I'm still laughing....Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Almost the perfect exercise, except it should be a 5lb bag of potato chips in each hand

    ReplyDelete